One-day trip near Pune: A guide to the best places to visit
Pune is a city in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is known for its rich history and culture, as well as its beautiful natural surroundings. There are many places to visit near Pune, making it a great destination for a one-day trip.
Here are some of the best places to visit near Pune:
- Lonavala and Khandala: These twin hill stations are located about 60 kilometers from Pune. They are known for their scenic beauty, with waterfalls, lakes, and lush forests.
- Sinhagad Fort: This 17th century fort is located about 30 kilometers from Pune. It is a popular tourist destination, offering stunning views of the city.
- Rajmachi Fort: This 17th century fort is located about 80 kilometers from Pune. It is a popular trekking destination, with a number of trails to choose from.
- Pawna Lake: This lake is located about 50 kilometers from Pune. It is a popular spot for boating, fishing, and picnicking.
- Kamshet: This village is located about 45 kilometers from Pune. It is a popular destination for adventure sports, such as paragliding and rappelling.
These are just a few of the many places to visit near Pune. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to have a great time on your one-day trip.
Here are some tips for planning your one-day trip near Pune:
- Start by deciding what you want to see and do. Once you know what you’re interested in, you can start planning your itinerary.
- If you’re planning on visiting multiple places, it’s a good idea to rent a car. This will give you the freedom to explore at your own pace.
- Be sure to pack comfortable shoes, as you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking.
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a hat, as the weather can be hot and sunny in Pune.
- Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your trip!